Thursday, April 13, 2006

Studying. Like That's Gonna Help!

So I'm taking a break from studying for my 2 exams tomorrow. Yea, not so fun. Anyways I've been wanting to update my blog for a couple days now, I've just been to lazy to do it. Anyways. Monday was a pretty special day for me. I became the proud owner of two adorable dwarf hamsters! And here is the best part about it, they were absolutely free! Booyah! I was meant to have these little fur balls. Here's why:

1. There was an ad in the paper for dwarf hamsters. Ok. How often do you see an ad in the paper for hamsters, let alone dwarf hamsters!? That was sign number one.

2. When I called to inquire about the friendly little critters, the lady said that she'd take $5 for 2. Now at PetLand they cost $15 each! Sing number two.

3. When I got to the house, the lady just wanted me to take them. She must have had 2 too many. Yes.

So that's it. She put the two little gals in a sterilite container and I went to Walmart to pick up the bedding and the food. Well before I went into the store I cracked open the container to make sure the dwarfies could breathe...little did I know that I had an escape artist on my hands. When I got back into the car I looked over and noticed that only one was still in the container. *gasp* So I got out and started looking around. About 2 minutes later I found her down by the cup holder inbetween the front seats. Phew! So needless to say I got them both home safe and sound and they are both settled in quite nicely!

So without further adieu, I would like to present...



Epinephrine aka "Epi"

and


Nuclear Winter aka "Nuke"


Weird names. Maybe so, but they just happen to be the perfect fit! Nuke got her name because she's charcoal gray with just the slightest patch of white on her chin. Winter gone bad. As for Epi, well Epinephrine is a drug and I'm a nursing student. That's pretty much the story. Ok I've gotta get back to studying!

8 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Luke said...

You named them after a drug and a world catastrophe...hmm...deep seated psychological issues here maybe.

Tell me about your childhood.

*I'm working on eliminating the twang accent, some asian from Ohio said it makes me sound dumb*

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger daniel said...

Love the names...just don't quite get the whole hamster / pet thing though. ;)

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, so the names are growing on me. especially epi. ...you know how much i like drugs. ;)
...and did you really think that if you cracked the lid open, they wouldn't escape!!?? come on, girl! you know how mischievous lily was!...especially with her wheel! lol those crazy little hamstas!
anyways...congratulations, mom! you must be very proud! :) i can't wait to meet them!

 
At 3:15 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Kristi, I know I should've known better with the whole lid thing but i guess I figured i wouldn't be in the store that long...at least I didn't leave them sitting shotgun while eating cereal. hehehe :) And btw, they are looking forward to meeting "aunt kristi."

And as for their names, credit really goes to my buddy Dave. He's the brains behind the names, I just approved and made them official. :) Thanks Dave!

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Dave LaGory said...

Anytime. Those names rock. I'm just glad you acutally named them those names :) Not many people listen to my Genius And, I just watched Donnie Brasco.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Doug said...

Asians should be shot. And I don't mean just once. Two in the chest and one in the head.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Doug said...

Wait, what were you talking about here?

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Doug- Um, i'm not real sure. But last week in lecture we were talking about mental health...ya know, like crazy people. It was interesting...kinda like your first comment was interesting...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home