Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Super Hero Power

If you could have one Super Hero Power, what would it be?

Kids have been asking each other and themselves this question since there have been Super Heros. I still ask myself this question.

As long as I can remember I've always wanted to fly. At age 5, on an extremely windy day, I pulled a Mary Poppins stunt by jumping from the top of our swing set while holding onto an umbrella. I didn't break anything but the umbrella wasn't so lucky. I'm thinking that maybe with a sturdier umbrella my little stunt may have worked. My failure to fly at the age of 5 didn't kill my dream though. I'd pretend to fly by swinging on my stomach and posing like 'Superman'. At some point during my early teen years, I went on the 'Rip Cord' at Cedar Point. (for those of you who don't know what the 'Rip Cord' is, it's kinda like a huge swing ride on your belly.) At the age of 20, I went skydiving for the first time. Woohoo! And then again just last summer. :)

Anyways, the list could go on. Bottom line is that I have a final answer for this classic question. I want to fly...like Peter Pan. So that's my decision.

(yea, that's right, I made a decision about something!!!)

2 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Luke said...

Ever wonder why bullets would bounce off Superman's chest, but when the bad guy threw the gun at him, he'd duck?

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Dave LaGory said...

Dude, way to go! Look at you, making decisions. And all on your own, too! Even though I'd rather you flew specifically *not* like Peter Pan, since in the classic movie version it was one of the creepier things you'd ever see in the air.

And Superman ducked because he understood the fundamentals of physics. After a bullet is shot, you can never use it again; so who cares if it gets all crushed and deflects off his skin? But being a firm believer in the Second Amendment, he didn't want the break the valuable gun on his Ubertoned body! Even catching the gun ran to muck of a risk. He simply had to duck and let the much softer cement ease the gun's landing.

Man I rule.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home