Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I guess it won't kill me to update

Why is it that when I have a gajillion tests to study for, I want to watch a couple movies instead? I really don't rent movies that often...at least I don't think I do. Anyways I decided to get a couple movies from the library yesturday while in town. I love the library b/c you can rent movies for free for four nights! I watched Million Dollar Baby last night. I really liked it. It was inspiring and depressing all at the same time. Well I don't know if depressing is the right word, but it made me cry...a lot. So it had me thinking about a couple things.

1. I want to learn to box. And then I realized I think I'm terrified of getting punched in the face. I guess its more of a nose thing more than anything else. Sometimes the slightest bump will make my nose bleed, so i can't imagine how bad it would bleed if I really got hit hard. But I still think it would be beneficial to know how to box/fight. I've always wanted to be tough or a least able to defend myself if necessary. So I've added "Learn to Box/Fight" to my list of things to do before I die.

2. It also made me wonder, If someone I loved was dependent on machines to keep them alive but they just wanted to die...what would I do? I mean if there is noway that their condition will get better...i just can't imagine how hard that would be to deal with something like that. There are so many ethical issues that surround this and I'm not even going to begin to get into those but I don't know it just made me think.

Anyways enough about that. If you haven't seen it I would reccommend it.

I just finished watching the other movie a little bit ago, Matchstick Men. I thought this was a good movie as well. It was different but I liked it, had a little unexpected twist at the end. At least I didn't expect it anyways, I'm not one of those people who can predict every little thing that's going to happen in movies. Which by the way drives me crazy when people do that. So if you ever watch a movie with me don't predict things outloud while watching it, seriously it just kills the movie no matter how good or bad it turns out to be.

Sorry I just went off on a little tangent there. I'm done now.


Today was the last day of my medsurg. rotation in clinicals. Originally I was going to celebrate by bringing home a puppy, but then mom and dad told me how they really felt about that idea. So I went to the petstore and played with a little chiuwauwa instead of bringing home my own dog. Not cool.

But my hamsters are cool! And for right now thats good enough.

5 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, you should definately learn how to defend yourself! - then maybe you won't get busted on the couch so many times! oooooooooh! *(refer to dougs blog)

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Please! You don't even know me!

Delicious, does she know me??

By the way, next time I see you you better be ready to rumble, b/c you're going down!!!!! So you better bring it, sista!

:)

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Haha! I've just discovered that this sentence is rather funny:

"So I've added 'Learn to box/fight' to my list of things to do before I die."

Sounds like someone is already trying to kill me or something.

Anyways I just read that and was busting up and I thought I would bring it to everyone's attention.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Dave LaGory said...

She's on to my schemes. I must kill her before she learns my trade...

One scarred and visionless eye is already too much.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

HAHAHA. YES!!!!!

That's awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home